Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KathyO-
Level 7

Irish Music channel or app

When traveling to Texas, a hotel had Roku. My mom said she was able to listen to Irish music through it, but doesn't recall the channel, etc. Does anyone know what channel or app it might have come through? I'm in IL, if that matters. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Irish Music channel or app

@KathyO- 

You may have to call the hotel on that one.  

I have the free AccuRadio installed on mine and listen to different Celtic stations and content from that or put in on for holidays. Can select genres or specific artists.  Try searching from the channel/app for "Irish", "Celtic" or "Celtic Radio" and you should get many options. Traditional Celtic and Listener's Top 100:Celtic stations are a good mix of instrumentals and songs (bar/pub feeling).

To install from Roku...navigate to Streaming Channels...Search Channels...Accuradio

Here is their site for some info... https://www.accuradio.com/celtic-music/

You can also try the free "Radio by myTuner" (MyTuner) channel.  This one has Stations, Podcasts, etc.  Used similarly like Accuradio.  I prefer and use this one much more.  https://mytuner-radio.com/

In the MyTuner channel, if you change the country in top Left of screen to Ireland, then you can see all the Irish Stations and Podcasts. (And can also save as Favorites).  Try Irish Pub Radio from Dublin.  

To install from Roku...navigate to Streaming Channels...Search Channels...Radio by myTuner

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
denhow
Level 10

Re: Irish Music channel or app

Its content is rather limited, but there is an Irish music channel in the Roku channel store called "Virtual Irish Pub".