Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No12345

Investigation Discovery freezes during commercials

The Investigation Discovery app freezes at 33% during commercials. I’ve tried everything from deleting the app, restarting the system, and reinstalling. Nothing is working. Incredibly frustrating. I’m pretty much forced to watch commercials until the app freezes. Please fix asap!

31 REPLIES 31

Re: Investigation Discovery freezes during commercials

My discovery go is doing the same thing. Gets about half way through the 6 ads and freezes at 33 percent.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Kmcclelland11

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to: 

Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue on the travel channel app always 33%. I did what was suggested with no success. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Jellybean829

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to isolate the cause of the problem, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Provide a photo or screenshot of the issue

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ssmurF11
Reel Rookie

I have same problem with commercials freezing at 33% in Food Network Go and Hallmark apps on devices using Roku stick and Roku-integrated TV.  I have removed app, restarted Roku/TV, re-installed app and issue continues.  Issue occurs when resuming show after first commercials.  Will not allow me to finish watching shows.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@ssmurF11

Thanks for the post.

Could you provide the information I asked for above? We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mariebirtel
Reel Rookie

Has their been an fix to this? I have tried all morning and cannot finish the show i was watching. Stuck at 33% ad 6 of 7. I usually just give up and watch something else but figured I'd search online but don't see a resolution yet. 

0 Kudos
ssmurF11
Reel Rookie

Mariebirtel, I haven't found or heard of a fix yet.  Even after uninstalling app, restarting Roku/TV and reinstalling app, it still freezes where it left off and I cannot finish my show.  This happens in multiple apps.  My ISP is Spectrum - don't know if this is a Spectrum issue, app issue, or Roku issue.

Mariebirtel
Reel Rookie

I have a different ISP (blue ridge) and having the exact same issue. I look forward to hearing a solution soon. When you pay for a service you cannot access, it's frustrating. Thank you for posting your issue or I would've thought it was only my issue. 

0 Kudos