Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investigation Discovery GO Will NOT Activate on my Roku

When I put in the Code that Roku gives me at idgo.com/activate - I log into my tv provider which is Direct TV & this is the error page I get:

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report
description The requested resource () is not available.

JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA

Is this a known problem & when will it be resolved? I logged in through idgo.com on my laptop using Direct TV & it worked just fine. It's when I use a code through ROKU that it will no work, no matter what device I try.
0 Kudos
22 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Investigation Discovery GO Will NOT Activate on my Roku

Just to clarify, you have DirecTV, and not DirecTV Now? That is, you use a satellite dish with your service? You're not confusing it with the streaming service DirecTV Now?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
egf1960
Level 7

I have exactly the same problem. I can activate any channel on my ROKU except IDGO. its infuriating and I can the same error if I try to activate from my IPhone or computer and also regardless of whether I use Safari, Edge or Chrome.. Has anyone figured out a solution?
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"egf1960" wrote:
I have exactly the same problem. I can activate any channel on my ROKU except IDGO. its infuriating and I can the same error if I try to activate from my IPhone or computer and also regardless of whether I use Safari, Edge or Chrome.. Has anyone figured out a solution?

Who is your content provider? Cable/satellite/streaming that included Investigation Discovery in the package?
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
egf1960
Level 7

It’s DirectTV. We previously had it working fine in the Roku but were prompted to reavtivate after a few months and norms get this problem.
If we Trey to register to watch on our computer it’s fine - it just had this problem activating on the computer to watch the Roku ID app
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

I'm also a longtime DirecTV subscriber. I have no issues as far as activation of IDGo, but I did notice that after playing an episode of I Almost Got Away With It, the channel/app exits automatically and back to the Roku home screen after playing an episode to completion rather than playing the next episode available. I don't know whether it is a bug in the app or if it is a bug related to Roku's recent firmware update that Discovery has not updated their apps to comply with yet. One thing I hope Roku is considering and/or working on is getting all TV Everywhere/Cable/Satellite apps on a single sign-on where you don't have to constantly reactivate apps in order to access content that you have access to per your cable/satellite subscription. That is my lone complaint with regard to TV Everywhere apps on Roku. I tend to watch a lot of content on my Roku devices daily and it is a real annoyance to have to reactivate apps if you don't use an app for a few days or a week. Showtime Anytime, A&E, and FXNow are particularly guilty of this. It would be nice if all you needed to do was sign into your Roku account, link with your cable/satellite provider and be done with it and able to access whatever TV Everywhere app/channel you wished so long as of course you subscribe to said networks with your pay-TV provider. In time I suppose.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"egf1960" wrote:
It’s DirectTV. We previously had it working fine in the Roku but were prompted to reavtivate after a few months and norms get this problem.
If we Trey to register to watch on our computer it’s fine - it just had this problem activating on the computer to watch the Roku ID app

Log out of DirecTV on your browser, then log back in. Keep your browser open. Open a new browser tab.
Remove IDGO from Roku. Reboot the Roku. Add IDGO to Roku.
Launch ID go on Roku. Follow the activation instructions.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
egf1960
Level 7

I’ve been trying those suggestions for 2 hourdbabd am still getting the error message. This is ridiculous - every other chsnnel, the process works fine. Why is it only IDGo - they need to fix this
0 Kudos
krystal1974
Level 7

I was having the same problem. So last night after trying EVERYTHING possible, I finally got logged in!! I have no explanation as to why or how, but try using Firefox. It worked for me!!! I hope it works for you all as well. ☺☺
0 Kudos
angeleye50
Level 7

I have the same problem, for months now, tried everything, I have 3 roku boxes, one works other 2 will not activate, and now when watching on the one in bedroom, it will go to home screen and you have to go back and try to watch show again. Please fix because this is very frustrating too many of us who pay for service and can not watch.
0 Kudos