Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auntieem10
Level 7

Invalid authorization code on several channels

I am setting up my 2 Roku products (an express and an express+) and I cannot activate several channels. The channels that I am having issues with are: (1) HGTV - I go to the activation website and enter in the code on the TV screen and it says invalid code. I get a new code and still the same. I remove the channel, re-add it and reboot the Roku and still the same. (2) Hallmark channel - cannot get to the activation site that is shown on the screen with the code (3) ID go - it is not showing my cable provider (4) Lifetime - cannot get this site to accept the activation code either. Any help/advice that you could provide would be very helpful. Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
morbupte1
Level 7

Re: Invalid authorization code on several channels

auntieem,
I'm having much the same issue(s) as you describe.  Too many Judge Judy episodes were appearing in recommendations so I decided to log out and sign back onto YouTube with my Roku Stick last week to gain a fresh perspective, so to speak. Big mistake! Since then, I have found none of  the 8-digit the activation codes supplied by YouTube on the TV screen when attempting to log in will satisfy Google/You activation accessed @ YouTube.com/Activation . Other channels I'm signed into such as Amazon Prime, etc., etc... remain unaffected.  However I don't dare sign out of any of them for any reason, not for even my wife's obsession with Judge Judy, for fear of losing access to personalized settings, lists, achieves, subscriptions and so forth. 
Here's hoping maybe some Roku support person will see our misery and have pity? I've been researching and looking on the web and other forums for advice or expertise to resolve but not found anything yet that works. Maybe it's a temporary glitch that will be fixed in a short time?  Gota look on the bright side...
regards,
Mike
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Re: Invalid authorization code on several channels

"auntieem10" wrote:
I am setting up my 2 Roku products (an express and an express+) and I cannot activate several channels. The channels that I am having issues with are:

(1) HGTV - I go to the activation website and enter in the code on the TV screen and it says invalid code. I get a new code and still the same. I remove the channel, re-add it and reboot the Roku and still the same.

(2) Hallmark channel - cannot get to the activation site that is shown on the screen with the code

(3) ID go - it is not showing my cable provider

(4) Lifetime - cannot get this site to accept the activation code either.

Any help/advice that you could provide would be very helpful. Thanks.

First, what is the service you're trying to authenticate against? Comcast/Xfinity? Charter/Spectrum? Dish Network? Sling TV? Local cable/WatchTVEverywhere? What's your provider? Because those channels require a provider.

I added those apps to my Roku and authenticate against a provider:

1) HGTV - success

2) Hallmark - success

3) ID GO - success

4) Lifetime - success

So, the authentication processes work. The Websites work. So, let's try a couple of things.

You mentioned you removed the app, re-added the app, and rebooted. Well, that's wrong. Here's the correct order: Remove, Reboot, Re-add. Your order won't accomplish anything.

Next, verify your TV provider. And, log on the to your provider's Website before you start the authentication. Sometimes that makes a difference.

Try removing all four apps, rebooting the Roku, then re-adding the four apps.

Then, log on to your provider's Website.

Then, launch an app, try to authenticate, and see what happens.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos