Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Internet Archive not in my region

Hello, I tried to add the Internet Archive private channel and got a message that it's not available in my region.  Does anyone else get this message and is there anything I can do?  
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Internet Archive not in my region

If a channel is not authorized by the developer for your region, all you can do is to contact the channel developer and ask them to add your region to the permitted list. There's nothing Roku can do about that. And since it's a private channel, Roku officially does not offer any support for them. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the quick reply.  It's the first time I've tried to add a channel with a code so thought maybe I was doing something wrong.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

If you can find which region it is available in, you should be able to download a VPN and change your region to there

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@LegnaNesir 

Thanks for the post.

Per the Community guidelines in place:

Discussions regarding any usage of VPNs to circumvent established regional broadcast rules or limitations are not allowed in the Community. Any topic or comment posted regarding the use of a VPN, or any circumvention of applicable limitations, will be removed at Roku's discretion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos