Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamisilv
Level 7

Installing Startup show app on the roku

I can’t find the app startup show on the roku! I pay for this app and I purchased the roku so that I can stream it on my non smart tv but I can’t find the app. The app is available in the App Store on my phone/iPad and I found instructions on how to get it on the Amazon fire stick but not the roku… I hope I didn’t make the wrong decision purchasing the Roku! #rokustreamingstick+

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Installing Startup show app on the roku

Pretty sure Roku doesnt make or code that app.

Roku <> Apple - just because an app exists for the Apple platform doesnt mean its available for Roku or vice versa; its up to the app developer to develop apps for different platforms.

Did you verify that the app was available on Roku before buying the SS+?

https://startup-show.tv/#about

Pretty sure it doesnt say Roku.

Contact Startup Show Tech if you want a Roku specific app.

However, it does mention AirPlay and mirror/cast support, all of which Roku supports on most models of the last several years, so use those processes.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

Re: Installing Startup show app on the roku

Another way to check channels/apps on Roku is to search or browse at:

https://channelstore.roku.com/browse

Apparently, there are more than 4000 channels/apps on Roku. But that doesn't mean that everything that exists anywhere is (already) included.

0 Kudos