Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jb49
Level 7

Installed channels not showing on home screen

My roku Sharp TV was working flawlessly months ago till I couldnt play Netflix anymore.  As per advise from other posts, I uninstalled it and tried to re-install but get the channel install failed message.  All the other installed channels worked.  Yesterday I tried a full factory reset as per another forum post.  Now none of my channels show up.  All I have on my home screen are the output selections ie. hdmi ...  Ive tried to reinstall the channels with the same result channel install failed.  My roku account shows that all channels are added but they are not showing up on my tv.  Can someone please help..  Ive tried factory reset 5x and systems update 10x with no luck.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Installed channels not showing on home screen

My only suggestion is to do another factory reset, but create a new Roku account and link to that.  It's kind of a last resort since you'd lose anything paid for through Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Installed channels not showing on home screen

@Jb49 

Thanks for the post.

When you perform a factory reset on the Roku TV, are you making sure that you are linking the TV back to your already existing Roku account? Also, when you removed the channel that was having issues, did you make sure to restart the TV before adding the channel back again?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos