Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

'Installed' a new channel and I do not see it on the Roku

Jump to solution

Do I need to reboot Roku to see the channel I just Installed?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: 'Installed' a new channel and I do not see it on the Roku

Jump to solution
If you added the channel via your account on the roku.com website, or directly on another unit connected to the same account, the new channel should be installed the next time your unit automatically checks for updates. You can force an update check manually via Settings > System > System update.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

I've never run into this, myself.

Roku accounts are identified by the email address used to create them. Are all these Roku units tied to the same Roku account?  Check via Settings >  System > About and make sure all show the same account.

What model numbers are you dealing with?  Find on same screen as above.  As mentioned in our private message exchange,  some channel apps are written for later models with enhanced capabilities and won't install ln less capable units.

Are there specific channels that won't install, or is it all of them?  Some will only let you stream to a limited number of units at one time.  I've never heard of one that would limit the number of installations it would allow on a given account, but I suppose it's possible.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
If you added the channel via your account on the roku.com website, or directly on another unit connected to the same account, the new channel should be installed the next time your unit automatically checks for updates. You can force an update check manually via Settings > System > System update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you. That worked for the cheaper one, but not for the middle of the road one. The one not working is the steaming stick. Less than a year old. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

I've never run into this, myself.

Roku accounts are identified by the email address used to create them. Are all these Roku units tied to the same Roku account?  Check via Settings >  System > About and make sure all show the same account.

What model numbers are you dealing with?  Find on same screen as above.  As mentioned in our private message exchange,  some channel apps are written for later models with enhanced capabilities and won't install ln less capable units.

Are there specific channels that won't install, or is it all of them?  Some will only let you stream to a limited number of units at one time.  I've never heard of one that would limit the number of installations it would allow on a given account, but I suppose it's possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

Which channel is it?

Some channels will not be available to certain models of the Roku units, presumably due to processor capability.

For example, AppleTV loads onto my Roku Ultra, but NOT on to my Roku 4, nor my Roku Streaming Stick (3500).

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for helping trouble shoot. It appears I have two separate accounts. I did purchase the two Rokus months apart. It does not seem I have two logons though. I have a work around installing them on the TV itself. Cumbersome, but works. Thanks again!

0 Kudos