Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kansas2021
Level 7

Infowars

I watched infowars through Roku two and three days ago for the first time and now it’s completely disappeared and can’t find it.  What happened?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stephane
Level 8

Re: Infowars

Which channel were you watching it on?  Roku does not control the content provided by a channel so you would need to contact the channel that was providing that content to find out what happened to it.

Kansas2021
Level 7

There was an app called infowars, and secondly, there was a live streaming option for same...  both worked, but are now no longer to be found.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

There are multiple lawsuits against Infowars, and the Texas Supreme Court refused to block several lawsuits from being filed about Sandy Hook allegations. It also depends on if it was an official channel or some 3rd party, and even if official, who was doing the actual coding and back-end support (servers, etc...)

0 Kudos
Stephane
Level 8

You said you were using it just a few days ago but as far as I can tell there has not been an Infowars channel for several years. See: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2019/01/16/roku-removes-alex-jones-infowars-channel-... 

0 Kudos
Kansas2021
Level 7

Before reaching out to this community, I found the same type of news reports myself.  But, yes, I did watch infowars as reported.  The live streaming link was automatically saved in my Roku viewing "history".   

0 Kudos