Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
revmolly
Level 7

Information Box "Can't Run Channel

Can someone help us with this?  We got a box on screen last night that said something to the effect that "Can't run channel (XXX) because there is not enough space"and suggested deleting channels.  I checked online and discovered the best way to do this was a factory reset,  Which we did.  Which worked well last night, but today the information box is back on several channels - NOT Netflix or Acorn, but Hulu, Prime and others.  
We have a Roku Express.  There apparently is no way to reach the ROKU folks themselves so we are turning to this forum.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Information Box "Can't Run Channel

[Moving troubleshooting topic to General Discussion]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It looks like the issue that you are experiencing may be related to space issues on your Roku device. Freeing up space on your Roku Express may resolve the issue that you are seeing. 

You can do this by:
1) Remove any unused channels from your device.
2) Factory reset your device. If you need assistance with this, steps are outlined here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-[/url:3l0...

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos