Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ossenke
Level 8

If I upgrade to new Roku device, will I lose Youtube TV?

Ah. Will be good to know. I cannot upgrade to a new Roku because I will lose YoutubeTV. I might just move to firestick.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: If I upgrade to new Roku device, will I lose Youtube TV?

@Ossenke, channels/apps are tied to your Roku account, not your Roku device, so if you got a new device and linked it the same Roku account all of your channels/apps should be installed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ossenke
Level 8

I was instructed by a Roku representative that if I change, wipe, or reset my device, I will no longer be able to download the YouTube TV app. Because of the dispute, it is no longer an available app. Are you saying this is not an issue? It is an available app?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I depends on what you mean by "available".  It can't be added to new accounts, but new devices added to an existing account should have it installed with all the other channels currently linked to the same account.  If you remove it from any device it will be removed from all devices linked to the same account and you won't be able to get it back.  If you only have one device linked to your account I don't know what would happen if you factory reset that device, but if you have multiple devices and you only factory reset one it won't affect the other devices.  If you then link that device you just reset to its old account all of the channels should be reinstalled.  I know there's a lot of shoulds in there, but nothing's ever guaranteed with Roku.  I would do some experimenting myself, but I never had and never wanted it.  I'm sure there's someone here that just got a new device and could say if it was or wasn't installed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos