Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groom_of_weird
Level 7

IWTV Live Channel Install Error

Jump to solution

As the title suggests, the IWTV app will not install on my Roku Box.

I have installed several other apps today, and reset both my Roku box and Internet router.

I have checked for software updates and all software is up to date.

All other apps (that I have tried), install and work fine but not this one.

I was hoping a solution could be offered.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: IWTV Live Channel Install Error

Jump to solution

Hello @groom_of_weird

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Some customers reported that changing or updating your account's payment method resolves the issue; therefore, we suggest you give it a shot. 

Feel free to visit this Support article for instructions: How do I update the payment method for my Roku® account?

If after attempting the suggestion above, you are still unable to add the channel, you can try installing it from our website by clicking this link. Once done, run a software update on your Roku device for the channel to show up on your home screen. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @groom_of_weird

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Some customers reported that changing or updating your account's payment method resolves the issue; therefore, we suggest you give it a shot. 

Feel free to visit this Support article for instructions: How do I update the payment method for my Roku® account?

If after attempting the suggestion above, you are still unable to add the channel, you can try installing it from our website by clicking this link. Once done, run a software update on your Roku device for the channel to show up on your home screen. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
groom_of_weird
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello and thankyou for your reply.

I have updated my payment settings and added the channel via your channel store which says the channel is installed but it is not showing on my roku box. I have updated software and added other channels in the interim with no issues.

I wondered if there was a delay between website and box, hence the time it had taken for me to reply to you.

Sadly I am still getting the same error message come up when I attempt to install.

I have a full subscription to IWTV so this is a tad frustrating. I really hope you are able to offer a solution.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
groom_of_weird
Level 7

Jump to solution

**Update**

I just tried to add the channel via the roku mobile app and was told that this channel is not available for my "outdated" roku box sadly.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What model and model number Roku are you trying to install this on?  (See Settings > System > About from your Roku home screen.)

I can't find any information on the IWTV website to indicate WHICH Roku models they have written their Roku channel app to support.

When you install from the website it adds the channel to your Roku account, but it still must be downloaded to your Roku device(s). Some of the newer channels were written to use the enhanced capabilities of more recent Roku models and can't be loaded on older less advanced models .

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
groom_of_weird
Level 7

Jump to solution

Oh this is an old model, we've had for many years you can't buy it anymore and it has very limited capabilities.

I had a quick look at the cost of a new one, and for £25 I couldn't really argue so the wife has just ordered a new one.

Ours really is ancient, but I had no idea it lists certain channels it cannot support. It was only through trying different methods of installation that I stumbled across the android app, and saw the notification about compatibility on there.

The new one will be delivered soon so hopefully thay should see the matter resolved😊

0 Kudos