Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

ITV Hub reverts to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

I have a brand new Roku streaming stick +. When I play programmes (catchup) from the ITVhub they frequently stop and revert to the Roku home screen. Often this happens during the first few adverts before the programme begins. My wifi shows excellent signal and good speed around 11mbps (PlusNet broadband).

The roku is plugged into the mains and connected to a Panasonic smart tv which doesn't show the same problem with ITV hub. I have tried removing the original app, restarting and reinstalling the app is v2.2.0 build 0.  BBC iplayer does not show the same issue. I am away there was a post on the community a couple of years ago but never seemed to be resolved and was a slightly different problem. Watching the programme on an android tablet works fine. The problem happens at all times of the day and evening. A wifi monitor doesn't show any spikes or dropouts when the app crashes.

Any suggestions before I try and send the stick back to Currys as faulty.

The smart tv is now fairly dumb as Panasonic dont update their apps on older sets hence the purchase of a Roku.

Do users just accept poor streaming of the channels on the roku sticks? Suggestions for a stable/reliable alternative would be most welcome

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: ITV Hub reverts to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here. We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with that channel on your device. Roku does not develop or maintain 3rd party channels—this is done directly by each service/channel provider that builds a channel (app) for Roku. 

If you encounter an issue in a specific channel that isn't occurring in other channels on your device, you'll need to contact that channel (app) provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. We can help pass along feedback, but the channel provider will need to investigate and resolve any issue in their channel directly.

Please continue to follow up with the channel provider to request any additional support or status updates. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with itv hub v2.2.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have just had a reply back from ITV to say they don't have a fix for the problem. I guess if enough people email them they will look at it. I emaiied  itvhubhelp@itv.com

I just think its a bit rich for Roku to advertise a service like ITVHub and then say problems are all the app providers responsibility.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too am having the same issue. It’s only  happened in the last week. It’s driving me up the wall!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for reaching out here. We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into with that channel on your device. Roku does not develop or maintain 3rd party channels—this is done directly by each service/channel provider that builds a channel (app) for Roku. 

If you encounter an issue in a specific channel that isn't occurring in other channels on your device, you'll need to contact that channel (app) provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. We can help pass along feedback, but the channel provider will need to investigate and resolve any issue in their channel directly.

Please continue to follow up with the channel provider to request any additional support or status updates. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.. only on the roku, it doesn't happen on any other device.. itv say they don't know what's causing it and say that if it's only happening on the roku to contact them.. going round in circles it seems 🙁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It also happens on my Now TV stick as well on another tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku TannerD  thanks for your (standard) response. It is encouraging that someone at Roku does monitor the messages. I realise it is normal in your industry to point the finger of blame at someone else.  But your packaging and advertising indicates the stick works with ITVhub (Display on the front of the box). It does not say the apps are faulty when used with our stick.

If I buy a new car from Ford that keeps swerving to one side, Ford could not say 'Oh its the tyres contact Goodyear' . Ford would be legally required in the UK to sort out the problem (Sale of Goods Act and Consumer Rights Act) - I don't understand how you feel that you can side step you responsibility.

I am sure if you as Roku were to pick up the phone to ITVhub then the problem would soon get to the top of their to-do list. By the sound of things there are a number of Roku users who would like to know when the problem will be resolved.

Regards Ian

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is what I recieved from itv yesterday.. 

Thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry for the technical hiccup on your Roku stick. Our technical team are aware of the issue and working to resolve this. This does appear to be a common issue with the older Roku devices.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you in the meantime.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Samshoben

My Roku Stick+ is brand new.  This is the reply I had from ITV:-

Thank you for contacting ITV Hub Support

We are currently investigating an issue surrounding ITV Hub crashing after adverts on Now TV/Roku devices.

At this moment in time I don't have any troubleshooting to fix the issue, however once our technical team have resolved we will let viewer's know via our service status page: https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

Regards,  Liam  ITV Viewer Support

0 Kudos