Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m0rayjim
Level 7

ITV Hub issues

Started having issues with ITV Hub on Monday when the video would start to freeze but audio would continue.  However was able to access catch up.  Then on Tuesday morning nothing every time I attempt to open  the hub we just see the ITV logo and nothing. Have tried to remove the channel and robot the roku before adding the channel back on. Then it will only open up to ask for postcode and then freeze and goes no further.  All other channels i.e BBC iPlayer  4OD all work perfectly!!

Have had a look over Google with no success, is anybody else having this issue??

Using a Roku 3 over a wired internet connection

Thanks
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Rich_T
Level 7

Re: ITV Hub issues

Try the STV player, virtualy the same content but with Scottish adverts, you will need to find a scottish postcode to enter into it though - which should be easy with a search on google
0 Kudos
m0rayjim
Level 7

Thanks Rich_T - You learn something every day? Have added STV player and that works, strange??

I presume that ITV Hub is working for the everybody else? I have Version 1 Build 491 loaded on and it's still frozen. The only time I can progress is when I remove/add channel and then it allows me to add the postcode?

Will keep on checking it?

Thanks
0 Kudos
olliebean
Level 7

I've had the same problem with the picture freezing while the audio continues for months now - only with live viewing; catch-up seems to work fine. Can't find any other mention of it here but a look at the NowTV forums show it's not just us - lots of people having the same problems with the NowTV box, which is a rebadged Roku.

STV Player works, but the picture quality is dreadful. TV Player is a better alternative, still not HD quality but a lot better than STV Player. With the added bonus that you can also watch Channels 4 and 5.
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

"m0rayjim" wrote:
I presume that ITV Hub is working for the everybody else?  I have Version 1 Build 491 loaded on and it's still frozen.

ITV Hub is not working for me either. I have Version 1.1 Build 0. This problem is recent, just the last 3-4 days.
When I start a catchup program it bounces straight out back to the start up screen, unless I disable my Ad Blocker. If I do that the program starts playing but fails after 2-3 minutes.
Roku 3 (4200), now permanently back in it's box.
0 Kudos
jinj
Level 7

In the last few weeks, while watching programmes, such as Corrie, an episode keeps stopping playing, I have to select start a times per episode.
0 Kudos
jinj
Level 7

Happening to anyone else?

This is on:
4210 - Roku 2
4230 - Roku 3

Latest v8 builds available to them.
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

I have a new "solution" to this problem. I've bought a Chromecast in the Black Friday sales. ITV Player (and a couple of other channels that I cannot load on my Roku because they are not in the UK Roku channel store) now work perfectly.

I'll admit that Chromecast is not as convenient as Roku, but convenience is irrelevant when it's a play/no play situation.
0 Kudos
Grand_Total
Level 7

Version 1.1 Build 3 - and still broken.
0 Kudos
jinj
Level 7

yes, still broken.

Have you heard from ITV about this?
0 Kudos