Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick481
Reel Rookie

ITV Hub crashes back to Roku Home screen

I have this issue also

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: ITV Hub reverts to Roku Home screen

Hey @Nick481

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into with ITV Hub? Does the issue only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device as well? 

We'll be able to assist you once we have further details of your concern.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nick481
Reel Rookie

I think the reason it doesn't work is because I have my router to force all DNS requests to opendns. I do this so I can control the parent controls and stop my kids accessing sites I don't want them to see. Unfortunately this breaks the ITV hub app. 

0 Kudos
Warf

This seems to be a common issue, which only happens on ITVplayer. Suddenly the picture will freeze and go all wobbley, then after a varying amount of seconds the roku box resets itself.

Its a very annoying issue, all other channels work fine, so it must be a fault with the ITV player app... Upgraded to the latest version and the fault still exists.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Warf

We're here to help!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Aguesty

I followed the instructions given and it has worked for me. Thank you 😊 

0 Kudos