Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioan
Roku Guru

IP Camera Viewer v4.0 with RTSP/ONVIF support released

Get it here:

Pro: https://my.roku.com/add/IPCAMVIEWBASIC

New features:

• When adding cameras: ONVIF discovery of the cameras on your network

• When adding cameras: ONVIF Auto-Config - It will try to configure your camera's substream to a format compatible with the application, checks if the camera supports PTZ and use it.

• When adding cameras: Test Camera Config before you save it - it will show the camera stream on the Add Camera window

• RTSP support (jpeg encoded streams - onvif compatible)

• Fully rewritten stream handling routines, now you'll get high fps MJPEG/RTSP (2-3 times frame rate increase compared with last version)

• Motion detection (out of beta).

Add camera
"Find" button next to the "Edit IP" will discover all ONVIF compatible cameras on your network.
"ONVIF Auto Config" button will try to configure your camera's SubStream and get the usable RTSP, Snapshot and PTZ configuration (see next screenshot).
"Test Camera Config" will show the camera stream directly on the add window so you'll know it works before you save.

ONVIF Auto Config
In this example the camera is a HIKVISION DS-... 
You are given the option to use RTSP or Snapshot URL from the camera:

Motion Detection - if enabled, you'll hear a sound any time there is motion in front of your camera

Any comments, critics, feature requests are welcomed!
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
75 REPLIES 75
tmoenter
Visitor

Re: IP Camera Viewer v4.0 with RTSP/ONVIF support released

I am trying to use your Roku app with a high end PTZ Optics camera that is supposedly ONVIF compliant.  The Search button does not find it.  When I enter the IP parameters myself I sill get nothing.  The camera supposedly emits an RTSP stream.  I can’t see it.  Any help would be appreciated.
mnfc

I am trying to set up a Deecam D200 720p and am having similar issues.

0 Kudos
a200462790

Is it possible to deeplink to these Camera Streams?

https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/debugging/external-control-api.md#deep-linking-to-...

for example, for youtube you can pass the content_id of the youtube video.

This would be great for allowing me to lauch the app and camera stream when someone rings the doorbell

Joyride

Anpvix RTSP on this???

0 Kudos
Will726
Reel Rookie

Can someone explain how you configure an RTSP link?  I have cameras that have links such as "rtsp://hostport/camera-38?"

I bought the Pro version here thinking it worked with RTSP but I'm not seeing it (??)

Does not work with SV3C cameras. No RTSP support

Will726
Reel Rookie

Seems like false advertising.  Says right up top "RTSP/ONVIF? support released. 

0 Kudos
Pgar

I had the same issue. I could not locate my Hikvision IP camera using the locate/find button on my Roku ultra. I then tried locating it on our Roku Stick and it located the Onvif cameras on the network. I went back to the ultra and choose the “factory reset” and re-entered all our info and it pulled the cameras up on the first try. Lost a lot of time figuring this out. Don’t use restart but go to the “advanced system settings” tab and perform a factory reset. It’s a pain to re-enter all your info but I’m happy it worked out for me. Great App just wish I tried this earlier. 

0 Kudos
azmax

My camera feed is behind by 5 minutes (using the linux server in the middle). Is there a way to be closer to real-time?

0 Kudos