Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

2 C1 cameras
several 9821w v2
2 x 9803P v2

they always worked well with apps. Was worried about the amcrest I have that works. Since the app doesnt support h264, that maybe the issue.  

im grateful to support this app and developer with the pro.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

I wonder if you could pick up a VGA substream from H264 cameras. There must be a cgi command parameter for that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

I'm using the pro version of the app with an Axis PTZ camera. When I open the mjpg stream in a browser on my computer, I get the full 30fps the camera is putting out. When I open the same stream in the Roku app on the same network, I'm only getting what looks like 10 or 12 fps. Do you know why this is or if others are getting this same behavior? 

My Roku is hardwired to the same network switch as the computer, the bitrate of the stream is ~10mbps. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

"coricidin12" wrote:
I'm using the pro version of the app with an Axis PTZ camera. When I open the mjpg stream in a browser on my computer, I get the full 30fps the camera is putting out. When I open the same stream in the Roku app on the same network, I'm only getting what looks like 10 or 12 fps. Do you know why this is or if others are getting this same behavior? 

My Roku is hardwired to the same network switch as the computer, the bitrate of the stream is ~10mbps. 

10-16 fps are probably the best you can get (depending on the resolution). The application retrieves mjpeg packets as fast as it can, decodes them and shows them on the screen. While developing the application, I never was able to get more than 14-16 fps, but that from cameras with lower resolution. I did my best to make the code as performant as possible, but Roku is not strong enough to compare to the speed you'll get on a computer. 
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

When is the RSTP and ONVIF coming? 

I could use some help if anyone minds and can help. Anyrate.. have 3 dahua ipc-hdb3200c on my home cam network all cat5 linked. I'm wanting to try and use my roku with the ip camera viewer pro app to display my cams. Cannot figure out the configuration. Nothing has worked and I'm stumped.  I've gone into the cams configuration and assured its an mpeg encode for the feed output. Tried numerous config strings. Notta. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

"ggtz702" wrote:
When is the RSTP and ONVIF coming? 

I could use some help if anyone minds and can help. Anyrate.. have 3 dahua ipc-hdb3200c on my home cam network all cat5 linked. I'm wanting to try and use my roku with the ip camera viewer pro app to display my cams. Cannot figure out the configuration. Nothing has worked and I'm stumped.  I've gone into the cams configuration and assured its an mpeg encode for the feed output. Tried numerous config strings. Notta. 

ONVIF, RTSP will come sometime in the near future, I won't give a date because I don't know.
For the problem you are having, you have to find the mjpeg url that works in your browser and then use that when you are creating the cameras in the application. I don't have those cameras, so it will be hard for me to know what values you should use. On this page https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Dahua I see that your camera model use (possibly) the same url like Axis cameras. Try adding a camera and select "Axis" from "Example Cameras" buttons, see if that works.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

No cigar Batman.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

Can you please update the screensaver to show multiple cameras?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

"bradt" wrote:
Can you please update the screensaver to show multiple cameras?


To make the split screen available in the screen saver? That's a good idea. I'll put it on the to do list.
https://github.com/e1ioan/
http://rokucam.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IP Camera Viewer Basic and Pro, fresh out of the oven (ONVIF, RTSP coming soon)

I cannot get the basic to add a camera.  I get the prompt to upgrade and the only 2 options are upgrade or cancel.  cancel takes me back to the menu.  infinite loop.
0 Kudos