Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Cam Viewer Pro --OR-- Other Suggestion for Wyze Cams (can use RTSP)

I bought IP Cam Viewer Pro because it says will work for RTSP ip cameras.  I've followed the directions multiple times and can't seem to get it to work for my Wyze cams.  I have a generic IP cam that I think was based on Wanscam (maybe, only guessing) that works fine.  But these two brand new Wyze Cams v2's I can't get them to show up.  Any ideas?  Is there another software/app/channel that would do this for me?  Please help!!!  🙂

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IP Cam Viewer Pro --OR-- Other Suggestion for Wyze Cams (can use RTSP)

Try posting in this thread.  The developer is pretty good about responding.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
voiceovers

For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat you are.  I purchased IP Cam Viewer Pro for the express purpose of streaming my 4 Wyze cams thru Roku and have had no luck with the setup.  I have also edited the setup multiple times with no success.  However, I am able to get IP Cam Viewer to work perfectly with my Wyze V2 cams on my TVs with an Amazon Fire TV Stick.  It seems the Roku version of IP Cam Viewer Pro just isn't as robust or smart as the Fire TV Stick version.  Hopefully someone can figure out the flaw/gap and help up along.

0 Kudos
2manyr0ku5

For those of you who have struggled to get your Wyzecam v2 RTSP streams to work with IP Cam Viewer: I have tried to get this to work a number of times over the last couple of years and have always hit a brick wall... Took a swing at it again this weekend and failed repeatedly, then right when I was about to throw my hands up I stumbled upon the solution.  I now have a proof of concept Wyzecam v2 running the latest RTSP firmware displaying in IP Cam Viewer Pro on multiple roku devices.

The crux of the problem is that Roku doesn't support the RTSP protocol... There are a ton of attempted workarounds that failed for me, this is what worked for me, YMMV.

Go here:

Enable H.264/RTSP to HLS in IP Camera Viewer Pro on Roku

https://github.com/e1ioan/rokuphp

I didn't have a working pi available so I just built an Ubuntu server 18.04 VM, updated it and ran install.sh

That's it.  Hope this helps someone and a big thanks to e1ioan!

0 Kudos
RockyE
Reel Rookie

I also had this issue with my camera setup it took me several days of trying to find a solution make sure you have the camera settings correct I have amcrest cameras and had to change my subchannel to mjpeg and roku does not support rtsp and I couldnt find an option to set it in this app but there is a working solution that I found go to the easy web admin setting in the app then on a computer on your LAN go to that url that is displayed in the app choose download backup file it will download to your computer read those settings in notepad its an xml file this is your camera settings make sure everything is correct and change where it says protocol=http to protocol=rtsp on the cameras that need to use the rtsp protocol save the document and then upload it back to the app using the web admin page restore from backup and your done Heart

0 Kudos

@RockyE What were the rest of your settings? I tried this and still no luck...

0 Kudos
RockyE
Reel Rookie

Make sure your router is not blocking ports 554 setup port forward/virtual server and port forward 37777 it should work also make sure your stream url is correct not sure what that would be for you but mine is like this rtsp://usernamecolonpassword@lanip/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&authbasic=64 you could also test it out on a pc using VLC media player under media tab click open network stream to see if it works so your not back in forth on the app 

0 Kudos

There is a YouTube video that gives instructions on adding the RSTP protocol to the micro SD card for the camera.

0 Kudos
RobertMW
Binge Watcher

While I certainly appreciate the efforts of those who replied here, each and every solution makes me lose my will to live.

0 Kudos