Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

IMDb TV (free with ads) and Roku Stick

Jump to solution

My Roku Stick will not allow me to watch IMDb TV (free with ads) whereas this option is available on my Roku 3 on a different device and other mobile devices.  Any fix for this?  Amazon says it is a Roku issue, but cannot get through to customer service.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: IMDb TV (free with ads) and Roku Stick

Jump to solution
The purple 3500X stick was introduced in 2014. It is no longer being supported by Roku and has been replaced in the current line by units with more capable processors. Some channels, especially newer ones, were written to take advantage of the greater capabilities of the newer Roku units and won't run on the older ones. The IMDb app is a fairly recent addition, so there's a good chance you'd need a more recent model to run it.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

There are multiple Roku sticks.  What's the model number from Settings->System->About?  If it's the purple stick, then that might be the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It s a 3500X .... Purple one.   Weird that it doesn’t provide all the options Amazon programs.  Was the “purple” model problematic?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
The purple 3500X stick was introduced in 2014. It is no longer being supported by Roku and has been replaced in the current line by units with more capable processors. Some channels, especially newer ones, were written to take advantage of the greater capabilities of the newer Roku units and won't run on the older ones. The IMDb app is a fairly recent addition, so there's a good chance you'd need a more recent model to run it.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have ROKU model 3810x and am getting "this device doesn't support a subscription to IMDb Tv message on my VISIO smart tv  (modelE48-C2) any suggestions????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@newynn 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact IMDb TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos