Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trothatl
Level 10

IMDb TV Standalone Channel - Limited Content

Has anyone else tried the new IMDb TV standalone Roku channel and found that it has limited content? Other than "most popular" categories, there are only four movie genres (Sci-Fi, Action and adventure, Drama, Mystery and thriller), with less than 30 movies each.  The IMDb TV channel within the Prime Video app has several additional categories with many more movies per category (I stopped counting at 100 mystery and thriller titles).

Today is the first day I used the standalone, so I thought maybe it was a temporary glitch. Has anyone seen the app with more content than this? I tried it on two different Roku devices, so I don't think it's a device limitation.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
optikhog
Level 13

Re: IMDb TV Standalone Channel - Limited Content

This has nothing to do with your device.  Amazon owns IMDB and they're the ones who provide the content for it.  You can reach out to them at: https://help.imdb.com/contact

0 Kudos
trothatl
Level 10

Thank you, but I already submitted the question to IMDb support and I'm waiting to hear back. I thought it might be a temporary issue, so I was really wondering whether others had previously used the standalone app and found the full library available. None of the announcements I've seen has said anything about having only a limited library available on Roku.

0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 13

Gotcha, yeah, it's pretty limited.

0 Kudos