Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

IFI Player channel not working on Roku 3

I used to watch films from the Irish Film Institute using the "IFI Player" channel on my Roku 3. However, this channel will no longer work on my Roku.

I have tried adding, removing, and re-adding the channel several times, but it starts to launch and then goes right back to the home page without going into the channel.

This channel used to work on this device, but no longer does. The channel is still offered as a channel via Roku's channel store website and directly via the Roku device's search function. 

I have added it both via the website channel store and directly with the Roku 3 with the same results

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: IFI Player channel not working on Roku 3

Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available UPSers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm sorry but I don't understand the reply regarding my browser. I am using my Roku 3 to try to launch the IFI Player channel. And I was previously able to play all of the films in the IFI library via my Roku 3 and this channel. So it really seems that this is an issue with the channel no longer working with the latest Ruku software. My Roku 3 is currently on software version 9.2.0 build 4804-04 and my Roku is model 4200X - Roku 3 if that helps anyone who might need that information to determine the cause of this problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I saw another thread about a channel not coming up and they were told to reboot the Roku and try adding the channel again. I have done this, but with the same results: the IFI Player channel will not open up. It tries and goes back to the home page. 

0 Kudos