Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayhawkMAH
Channel Surfer

IFC Channel doesn't work.

When trying to watch IFC, nothing works.  The splash screens, what's on live, all the shows and descriptions all load correctly, however, when I select something to watch, I either get errors "Please check your internet connection" or "Stream unavailable" or "Content unavailable."  All other channels work just fine and there's no problem with my network or internet connection.

I have uninstalled the channel, checked for and have current Roku updates, signed out and back into my cable provider, rebooted the Roku device, verified that it is part of my cable package and IFC still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IFC Channel doesn't work.

After removing a channel, best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling the channel.   Did you do this?  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall. (Note: if you have a Roku TV with "Fast start" enabled, turning the tv off and back on just puts the TV into and out of a standby state and does NOT give you a complete restart - use the menu path below.)

You'll find the System restart option under Settings > System > Power on some models, or if not there under Settings > System ... or just unplug from its power source for a few seconds then plug back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
JayhawkMAH
Channel Surfer

I have done that.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JayhawkMAH,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community and for letting us know what you've done to try to resolve the issue.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.
Keep us posted with what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JinSD

This issue has persisted for several months now.  Grrr. I’ve done all you have and get the same error. 

JinSD

Sorry I forgot to mention that this is not roku specific. I tried and received the same error message with iOS. 

JayhawkMAH
Channel Surfer

UPDATE: I contacted IFC and turns out they have known about the issue and they don't have a timeframe of when it will be fixed. It would have been nice for Roku to have gotten this information.

BillT777

Thanks.  I've been having this on two Roku devices so obviously not a device issue.  So apparently Roku doesn't have IFC anymore.

Indy919
Binge Watcher

I'm having the same issue with the IFC and Sundance TV Roku channels. I wish these providers would get their act together and fix these problems. It's ridiculous both have been broken for weeks!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Indy919,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

As a first step, we recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos