Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdmurray2775
Level 7

IDGo No Authz

Hi.  I'm wondering if the following is an issue or not. I have XFinity and, as part of my TV package, I get Investigation Discovery (ID).  Using my phone, I can watch "Live TV" using the ID Go app after entering in my XFinity ID/PWD,  My issue is with the Roku app for ID Go.  For some reason, I get "No Authz" trying to do the same thing (watch Live TV after successfully inputting my XFinity ID/PWD). I'm wondering if the issue lies with XFinity, Roku, ID Go, or none of the above.  As a side note, other Roku channels such as the History Channel, TNT, Food Network, etc. all work through Roku with my XFinity subscription. In all cases, the channels are part of my XFinity TV package and I can watch them Live on Roku after inputting my XFinity ID/PWD. Thanks in advance for any input you provide.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Basil
Level 10

Re: IDGo No Authz

"jdmurray2775" wrote:
Hi.  I'm wondering if the following is an issue or not. I have XFinity and, as part of my TV package, I get Investigation Discovery (ID).  Using my phone, I can watch "Live TV" using the ID Go app after entering in my XFinity ID/PWD,  My issue is with the Roku app for ID Go.  For some reason, I get "No Authz" trying to do the same thing (watch Live TV after successfully inputting my XFinity ID/PWD). I'm wondering if the issue lies with XFinity, Roku, ID Go, or none of the above.  As a side note, other Roku channels such as the History Channel, TNT, Food Network, etc. all work through Roku with my XFinity subscription. In all cases, the channels are part of my XFinity TV package and I can watch them Live on Roku after inputting my XFinity ID/PWD. Thanks in advance for any input you provide.

The channel (Investigation Discovery) has chosen to not make the app available on Roku, or on Roku with your content provider. I have used DirecTV Now, and IG GO won't authenticate on Roku.

Several channels won't work on some or all of the major streaming devices: Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, Google TV. No idea why the services don't support Roku, or the other devices (in those circumstances).
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos