Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xGingersnapx
Reel Rookie

ID 40-314-969 I currently do not have any audio captions on kowcowa on any channel please fix it

Kocowa is not giving me any audio or captions 😐 I have restarted my TV and gave reported the ID issue please help 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
xGingersnapx
Reel Rookie

Re: ID 40-314-969 I currently do not have any audio captions on kowcowa on any channel please fix it

Please respond or reply I have restarted this TV and have done all this **bleep** I'm not happy ROKU bring back my AUDIO AND CAPTIONS!!!! I WANT TO TALK TO A PERSON TO FIX THIS STUPID ISSUE 🙄 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ID 40-314-969 I currently do not have any audio captions on kowcowa on any channel please fix it

@xGingersnapx-

Please note that Roku is only providing the platform on which the Kocowa channel app runs.  The Roku-compatible version of Kocowa's channel app itself is developed, maintained, and provided to Roku by Kocowa.

On Kocowa's "How to Watch KOCOWA with Roku" page, the author notes "please accept my sincere apology for our Roku channel. It is still in beta, and our development team is currently working on improving the channel.

Having said that, when problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so that is the first thing I would try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option.

[Note: If this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead. Click this and follow the prompts to cancel your subscription. (It will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will not auto-renew at that point. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown.]

This will remove the channel from your Roku account so ALL Rokus linked to this will lose access to this channel.

3. IMPORTANT- IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP YOU MAY NOT GET A CLEAN RE-INSTALL:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

4. Reinstall the channel to your Roku account via the Roku Home page Streaming Channels menu option.

Notes:
    • The channel will be added to the END of each Roku's channel grid.
    • If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos