Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I was charged for 5.99 when i signed up for ESPN. I input the activation code and error signing on.

A live chat person came on and informed me that the reason we can't get Epson is because ROKU's security level has to be upgraded. So they wanted me to purchase a 300.00 Google play card and some how credit it back to my ROKU account. And then that would fix the upgrade issue and then  I would get ESPN. REFUSED TO DO IT. I WILL CALL PAY PAL AND CANCEL THE 5.99 charge. FYI people scamming going on.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I was charged for 5.99 when i signed up for ESPN. I input the activation code and error signing

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

It appears that you may have been contacted by a third party support. Please be aware that Roku does not charge an activation fee or charge for support. For more information about our customer support, please visit our Support page: Will I be charged for customer service, device activation, or creating a Roku account?

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About and I'll follow up from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: I was charged for 5.99 when i signed up for ESPN. I input the activation code and error signing

I got the same call when I signed up for ESPN. When I said I did not want ESPN that badly they said all my Roku services would be canceled if I did not get the google play card. The number they called from was in NJ and is not registered to any user. Then I got 2 texts messages and number to respond to, neither of which is registered to any user. And I still cannot get ESPN to work so I canceled it only to find I still get charged.

0 Kudos