Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I want to watch the hallmark channel but all I have is the roku stick no cable provider

Yes I'm trying to download the hallmark channel on my Roku stick but it's asking me for a cable provider and I don't have a cable provider so how can I watch the hallmark channel?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Hallmark channel

Hi.  Well this is a bit frustrating. Cant we actually e-mail Roku support versus having to scroll through hundreds of frequently asked questions or going to a community support board?

Anyhow, I signed up for the Hallmark 30 day free trial and when I go to my device to register it tells me to put in the activation code. I put in the activation code and then it tells me to select my provider.  Roku isn't listed as a provider so I can't get the channel. Feel like I'm just going around in circles.

Suggestions?  

LG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: I want to watch the hallmark channel but all I have is the roku stick no cable provider

Cable-type channel originators like Hallmark are paid by the providers that carry them (cable/satellite/Sling/Hulu/Youtube TV/etc) out of the subscription fees collected from their subscribers.  Many of these channels have Roku streaming apps you can use when you have a qualifying provider account.  If you "cut the cord" and discontinue your subscription to these services, you quit paying for their included channels and will no longer have a provider account that allows you to stream them. 

You can, however. subscribe separately to Hallmark Movies Now, for $5.99/month or $59.99/annually. It has content from several of the Hallmark channels.  See the description here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/8679/hallmark-movies-now

Those who think their viewing will be free by "cutting the cable" are bound to be disappointed, unless they are content to watch only the free ad-supported streaming options. The savings, if any, typically come from paying only for those channels you want, instead of an overblown cable/satellite package that includes a bunch of channels you never watch.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos