Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlcsr
Level 7

I want to watch my pay channel on my desktop computer without a Roku device

Jump to solution

Total rookie here.  I just cut cable TV.  It's gone.  But I want to watch One America News.  I paid $4.99 in the store here online for the subscription.  So...how do I watch it on my computer desktop screen?  Is it  possible?  I can watch "Cold Case" at the Roku website, but I can't find where my paid subscription is to watch to save my life.  Is it even possible on my desktop computer without a Roku device?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I want to watch my pay channel on my desktop computer without a Roku device

Jump to solution

In general, if you pay for something through Roku you can only watch it on a Roku device.  If it's available through The Roku Channel you should be able to watch it on any device that supports The Roku Channel.  If you can subscribe to a service directly through the provider you're better off since you should be able to watch it on any platform the provider supports.  I don't know about OAN, but if you can subscribe directly through them then you might want to look into cancelling your subscription through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

In general, if you pay for something through Roku you can only watch it on a Roku device.  If it's available through The Roku Channel you should be able to watch it on any device that supports The Roku Channel.  If you can subscribe to a service directly through the provider you're better off since you should be able to watch it on any platform the provider supports.  I don't know about OAN, but if you can subscribe directly through them then you might want to look into cancelling your subscription through Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
karlcsr
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.  That is helpful and informative.  I went ahead and ordered, then canceled, so I have it for one month.  It is actually for the missus and I was willing to pay $4.99 to experiment.  The experimentation is, I need to order a Roku device so I am older and wiser. I may or may not.  At the moment I have ordered Youtube TV to get away from cable TV.

Highly appreciate the info.

0 Kudos