Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I want to watch my pay channel on my desktop computer without a Roku device

Jump to solution

Total rookie here.  I just cut cable TV.  It's gone.  But I want to watch One America News.  I paid $4.99 in the store here online for the subscription.  So...how do I watch it on my computer desktop screen?  Is it  possible?  I can watch "Cold Case" at the Roku website, but I can't find where my paid subscription is to watch to save my life.  Is it even possible on my desktop computer without a Roku device?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: I want to watch my pay channel on my desktop computer without a Roku device

Jump to solution

In general, if you pay for something through Roku you can only watch it on a Roku device.  If it's available through The Roku Channel you should be able to watch it on any device that supports The Roku Channel.  If you can subscribe to a service directly through the provider you're better off since you should be able to watch it on any platform the provider supports.  I don't know about OAN, but if you can subscribe directly through them then you might want to look into cancelling your subscription through Roku.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

In general, if you pay for something through Roku you can only watch it on a Roku device.  If it's available through The Roku Channel you should be able to watch it on any device that supports The Roku Channel.  If you can subscribe to a service directly through the provider you're better off since you should be able to watch it on any platform the provider supports.  I don't know about OAN, but if you can subscribe directly through them then you might want to look into cancelling your subscription through Roku.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks.  That is helpful and informative.  I went ahead and ordered, then canceled, so I have it for one month.  It is actually for the missus and I was willing to pay $4.99 to experiment.  The experimentation is, I need to order a Roku device so I am older and wiser. I may or may not.  At the moment I have ordered Youtube TV to get away from cable TV.

Highly appreciate the info.

0 Kudos