Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

I want to watch Roku Channel on my laptop

Jump to solution

I've had a Roku 3 for a while now and recently discovered your Roku Channel. I think it's pretty good but I'm not always at home to watch TV. I own a Roku player and have an account with you, so why can't I just log into my account and watch the Roku Channel online (on my laptop, etc.)? Do you not think this would be a good feature? It can't be that hard to set up...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I want to watch Roku Channel on my laptop

Jump to solution

@Steve8 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you can watch The Roku Channel on both a computer or your mobile device using the Roku mobile app.

For more information regarding The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: How do I get The Roku Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Steve8 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you can watch The Roku Channel on both a computer or your mobile device using the Roku mobile app.

For more information regarding The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: How do I get The Roku Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don’t have Android or iPhone. Why won’t it work on a Windows system? It can’t be that hard to set up…

@Steve8 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Steve8  As noted in the article that @RokuDanny-R linked above, you can access therokuchannel.roku.com from a Windows computer using Firefox, Chrome, or Edge browsers. Please see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934-how-do-i-get-the-roku-channel-

You should be good to go from there! Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The link you posted (see below) is a dead link. "Article Not Found."

https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934-how-do-i-get-the-roku-channel-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Steve8  If you are currently located outside the US, you may see this type of message when trying to view that particular page. The Roku Channel is only available on the web in the US at this time. We'll be sure to pass your interest along to the team for future considerations though! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm in Canada. I have no trouble watching it on my TV. It makes no sense that I can't also use my laptop... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Problem viewing videos on TheRokuChannel.com

Jump to solution

Until a few days ago I had been able to watch videos from The RokuChannel.com through a Firefox browser on my Fire TV Stick. I realize Fire TV Stick is not a Roku device. But TheRokuChannel.com videos would still play through my Fire TV Stick on my TV set so long as I used the Firefox browser.

I think perhaps the reason I began using Firefox is I had read something stating that Amazon’s own browser, Silk, would not work for playing videos from The Roku Channel, that I had to use neutral browser, and Firefox was one of the choices offered.

Also, it may just be a coincidence, but just before I experienced the problem of not being able to anymore play the videos of TV episodes from The Roku Channel, at one point a window opened asking me to “Allow” or “Block,” and I chose “Allow,” thinking that was the correct option. And after that is when I was no longer able to watch the videos on The Roku Channel. Each time I try to do so the page goes from The Roku Channel video menu to a webpage asking me to set up payment information. And it had been my understanding that a significant amount of videos on The Roku Channel were free of charge.

I could view some of these same videos using the Shout! Factory or Tubi apps. But the reason I preferred to use The Roku Chanel for viewing is these  classic TV series’ (namely, Father Know Best and Dennis the Menace) played with captioning when viewed on The Roku Channel. But these came classic TV episodes do not play with captioning when viewed through the Shout! Factory or Tubi apps. And as I am hearing-impaired the captioning really helps me to understand the dialogue in films and TV episodes.

Please advise on how to fix this problem and restore my ability to view the free videos of The Roku Channel through my Fire TV Stick on my TV set.

Was the inability to view problem caused by my having made a mistake in the “Allow”/”Block” process? And was that “Allow”/”Block” window opened by the Firefox browser, by Amazon (as the proprietor of Fire TV Stick), or by The Roku Channel itself?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am currently having issues watching Roku Channel on my Windows 10 PC.  Am using current version of Chrome browser.  Playback either stalls immediately or doesn't start at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@davew69 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another browser to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos