Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I want to know some information about YouTube app before buying roku

I want to know that if I fast forward or rewind a YouTube video,by clicking the button next to play/ pause button, YouTube video plays automatically after fast forwarding as in YouTube app on Android or iOS or it pauses after fast forwarding and only plays by clicking play button ?In all other streaming devices, YouTube pauses after fast forwarding and only plays when one click on play button on remote.Thanks to all in advance.For me this single feature is the deciding factor, whether or not I should buy roku or not.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: I want to know some information about YouTube app before buying roku

Yes, you can FF/rewind, but not quite the way you mentioned. While the video is playing, you press the down arrow, which shows the progress bar. Then press the Up arrow, which moves control to the progress bar. You can then push left or right for rewind/FF. 

You can use the << or >> button directly, which moves you in 10 second increments. But depending on how far forward or back you want to move, the first method can cover it faster. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.