Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daveaf
Level 8

I recieved this from Synology today

"Please be advised that after 12/31/2018 DS Video for Roku will no longer be available due to Roku deprecating their legacy SDK"

Seriously ROKU?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: I recieved this from Synology today

This has been known for a long time. About the depreciation of the old SDK. Channel developers must recreate their channel with the new SDK, or they will no longer work. Don't blame Roku. They announced this long ago. My guess is once they no longer have to support the old stuff, it will simplify the firmware. Might even cure some of the bugs. One can hope.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 10

I don't think you can fault Roku for the very long lead time they're giving to developers. Any developer that's still around sending emails should be able to re-create their channel using the new SDK.
0 Kudos
daveaf
Level 8

Thanks for your feedback.
My next question to Synology was as to why they are not using the new SDK
Awaiting their response
0 Kudos