Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLDan
Level 7

I linked a new device to a new TV and my Spectrum news channel is not on the right region

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a new TV and a new Streaming Stick+, when linking the account to the new device my local news channel for the Spectrum TV App my local news station now comes up as a station from the other side of the Florida coast on both devices.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FLDan
Level 7

Re: I linked a new device to a new TV and my Spectrum news channel is not on the right region

Jump to solution

My location was correct, spent a couple hours on the phone with Spectrun cable chat support it was corrected. No clue what they eventually did.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: I linked a new device to a new TV and my Spectrum news channel is not on the right region

Jump to solution

I don't have Spectrum, but I'd expect your location is determined by the location of the IP assigned by Spectrum to your connection to their internet.

There are a bunch of websites you can use to see what location is identified for your IP.  Here's one of them: iplocation.com 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
FLDan
Level 7

Jump to solution

My location was correct, spent a couple hours on the phone with Spectrun cable chat support it was corrected. No clue what they eventually did.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Gene_01
Level 8

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issue with Spectrum. When I first installed the Roku mine had the correct location news... now a couple days later it's coming up with NYC news. :/ Will call Spectrum. Thx.

0 Kudos