Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBerry170
Reel Rookie

I have a current subscription to BritBox but I'm locked out of it

Jump to solution

I have a current and paid-up subscription to BritBox through Roku and watch this channel several nights a week. Tonight I'm suddenly locked out of it. BritBox wants me to sign in with a username and password as if I subscribe to them directly and not through Roku. My Roku account log-in does not get me in and BritBox doesn't recognize me as a customer because I go through Roku. All other channels that I subscribe to through Roku are working properly. How do we resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBerry170
Reel Rookie

Re: I have a current subscription to BritBox but I'm locked out of it

Jump to solution

Yes, I am once again able to use my subscription paid through Roku to access BritBox on the stand-alone BritBox channel/app. However, I can't access it through the Roku Channel. It tells me that I am subscribed to BritBox elsewhere and directs me to access it through the icon on the Home screen as I have been doing. The only new thing as of the other day is that BritBox now requires its own separate password.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Are you attempting to watch it through The Roku Channel?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBerry170
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No, it is a separate add-on subscription through my Roku account. This is how I have always watched BritBox. I don't access it through the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Hmm...  Often if it's available as a stand-alone channel as well as through The Roku Channel the stand-alone channel requires its own subscription directly through the provider, but you say you could access it before.  See if you can access it through The Roku Channel.  If your subscription doesn't work in either place then we have to get to the bottom of that.

To be honest, I'd cancel the subscription through Roku and just subscribe directly with BritBox.  Subscribing directly through the provider allows you to use the subscription everywhere, not just on a Roku device.

0 Kudos
DBerry170
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for answering, and for your advice. I seem to have resolved this problem. I went to BritBox and attempted to create a new account directly with them and they said I already had an account linked to my email address. It wouldn't accept my Roku password, so I created a new password just for BritBox, and then was able to log in and confirm through my account information that it was still being billed through Roku. So, even though I subscribe through my Roku account and had not previously needed a separate log-in for BritBox, apparently now a separate password is required.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know!  Just to be clear, you're able to use your subscription paid through Roku to access BritBox on the stand-alone BritBox channel/app?

And one more thing I'm curious about - are you also able to access BritBox through The Roku Channel?

0 Kudos
DBerry170
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I am once again able to use my subscription paid through Roku to access BritBox on the stand-alone BritBox channel/app. However, I can't access it through the Roku Channel. It tells me that I am subscribed to BritBox elsewhere and directs me to access it through the icon on the Home screen as I have been doing. The only new thing as of the other day is that BritBox now requires its own separate password.

renojim

Jump to solution

Thanks!                                                                                                                  

That's interesting.  It doesn't seem to work how I'd expect.

0 Kudos
JadeJones

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem as you.

I'm a Roku subscriber who added the BritBox app to my Roku channel list but can't access Britbox programs after I updated app through Google Play Store.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @JadeJones

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Are you having problems accessing the BritBox channel on your Roku player or mobile device? Please also let us know if you subscribed directly through BritBox or through Roku.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos