Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ctmyjo
Level 7

I have Prime Video but am getting charged

I have two roku - upstairs and down.  I can watch Prime Video on my laptop and the roku downstairs without any issue.  When I try to watch it on the upstairs roku it wants to charge me $1.99 per episode.  I am a prime customer and the upstairs roku is the only one that wants to charge.  I've unistalled the channel and re-installed it and registered it with amazon, but it still wants to charge me.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I have Prime Video but am getting charged

Hello @ctmyjo

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. In your case, it'll be best to contact the channel's customer support team to get help. There might be additional settings within their app that will help resolve your problem.

You can reach Amazon Prime Video Support here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have Prime Video but am getting charged

@ctmyjo-

Are these programs with payments upstairs the same exact ones that are free downstairs?

Not everything on Prime Video is free with an Amazon Prime account.  When choosing a Prime Video program to view, only those with a blue-on-white diagonal "Prime" banner in the upper left corner are free Prime programs without ads.  Without the diagonal banner they could be ones you must pay for, or they could be ad-supported programs from Amazon-owned iMDB.

If you select the "Free to me" option from the top of page menu on the Prime home page, the iMDB programs will be separated out into their own categories, not be mixed in with the free Prime programs, and the pay-to-view Prime programs won't be listed at all.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos