Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goddess
Level 7

I have HBO through the Roku channel, will I have access to HBO Max content?

I signed up for HBO through the Roku channel, will I have access to HBO Max content? Do I have to pay for HBO Max separately to get access to the new content or will it be available with the new Roku HBO agreement? #HboMax #RokuChannel 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Lkyla083
Level 7

Re: I have HBO through the Roku channel, will I have access to HBO Max content?

Well has we all know hbo max have more then hbo but I just ended my subscription with hbo on my roku tv and just signed up for hbo max. It's no purpose in having both of them when they have the same movies but more shows.

0 Kudos
MoviesProbably
Level 10

Re: I have HBO through the Roku channel, will I have access to HBO Max content?

No, you don't have to pay twice. If you already subscribe to HBO, just update your Roku's software (go to Settings/System/System Update on the home screen menu to do this) and the HBO app will upgrade to HBO Max and you'll already be logged in. If you don't have the HBO app and have been watching HBO content through the Roku channel, you need to go to the Roku channel store and download the HBO Max app. 

0 Kudos