Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonPaolo
Level 7

I dont't see Prime Videos and Disney+ App

Jump to solution

I'm using Roku Streaming stick + in Poland. There are very few app available to install Apple Tv, Netflix, Youtube. There is no search option to search app such as Disney, Prime Video, HBO GO, Canal+. There is not even Roku Channel. Prime Video in Poland, HBO GO are available in my country. Roku is not supported in Poland?

I specifically bought a Apple Tv, Netflix, Prime Videos and HBO GO, Canal+ subscription to watch it on my Roku. Everything from this list I can watch on Android and Apple TV and Tizen or computer.  I believe ROKU Can do fix this.  

Search was also removed in Poland and Airplay too.

ROKU should be competitive. I purchased Streaming Stick + because I believe the Roku is the best platform out there. But without being able to view and list applications, which are not available in Europe, ROKU becomes a very poor choice. Android and Apple TV users have it all right away. I believe that the ROKU is a serious partner and will fight for the European market, otherwise it will be completely replaced by the aforementioned competitors. Roku should also focus on the local markets and applications used by users and make them available. If Roku needs any support in this matter, we are here to help.

I hope that Roku will wake up and react quickly to the upcoming changes. All applications should be available at the start, regardless of whether services are available in a given region or not. Because when, for example, Disney + enters the Polish market, and so it will be in the next year, ROKU will not have time to react with the available application and the customer will not choose Roku as a streaming platform. I unfortunately With the limited availability of the Roku application, it will lose in Europe.

After all, Europe is a constantly growing market with great potential, especially in times of a pandemic.

ROKU, take your chance in Europe.

Wake up!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I dont't see Prime Videos and Disney+ App

Jump to solution

Roku does not control where the channels can be installed and used. That is under the sole control of the channel provider. For the channels you mentioned, that means Disney and Amazon are whom you must contact to request them to make their content available in your country. Don't be surprised if they say it is available, as most of their customer support people don't understand the difference between their service being available in a particular country and the service being available on a specific device. 

And to answer your question: Roku is only officially support in two European countries - France and the UK. Any other country is operating outside Roku support. The Roku Channel is only supported in the US and Canada. This is due to licensing restrictions on the content provided. You will find those same licensing restrictions on most content providers, as they often only license the content for specific locations. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092

Jump to solution

Roku does not control where the channels can be installed and used. That is under the sole control of the channel provider. For the channels you mentioned, that means Disney and Amazon are whom you must contact to request them to make their content available in your country. Don't be surprised if they say it is available, as most of their customer support people don't understand the difference between their service being available in a particular country and the service being available on a specific device. 

And to answer your question: Roku is only officially support in two European countries - France and the UK. Any other country is operating outside Roku support. The Roku Channel is only supported in the US and Canada. This is due to licensing restrictions on the content provided. You will find those same licensing restrictions on most content providers, as they often only license the content for specific locations. 

Dan

0 Kudos
DonPaolo
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for your answer. Nevertheless, I believe that Roku, when talking about the needs of his clients with his partners, has more power than an individual. I am aware that the Roku is only available in two countries in Europe, at least officially it supports these markets. The question is how much? For example, is the Canal + app available for the Roku in France for Android and Apple TV? I know that despite the lack of support, there is Google TV (streaming stick), which in Europe successfully allows you to install the applications I mentioned in the first post, of course, if the streaming service is available on a given market. But the app is now available. And here we have the opposite case, the service is available and the application is not available in the Roku store. If Roku wants to arrange for the app to be available in a store outside of England and France, it can do so. It's just a matter of willingness. A single man can't do anything with Disney or Amazon and other corporations. Sending your client to Amazon or Disney won't change anything. Only Roku has a strong enough voice to make a difference. Of course, if it wants to help users from other countries, not only from France and England.

atc98092

Jump to solution

I can't say what the reasons might be that Roku is not supported in certain countries. It could be restrictive laws, licensing issues, or someone just doesn't like a particular location. We have no way of knowing what the company does.

But even if Roku was officially supported there, it's still up to the providers to make their channels and content available there. Roku has zero control over that, and regardless how big Roku is they can't force a company to offer their product anywhere. Yes, they might have more say in it that a single customer, but it doesn't matter in the end. Only the providers can make it happen. 

Dan