Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't get it! - TCL 55" 55FS3750 & Spectrum App

I have a 55" TCL Roku TV that was working fine until a few months ago. Now my Spectrum app never gets to full resolution, only on this TV! There's a Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR AP 10' away and another 40" TCL TV that's 5' away from the big TV works just fine. I ended up for now just using a streaming stick in the buggy TCL to get back to HD resolution. Defnitely not a wifi issue, all three devices report good to excellent connection and I have verified signal levels via my UniFi controller, which read 84% (-57dbBm) signal, and a 100mbps+ WLAN connection for both TVs. The irony is the streaming stick has slightly worse signal due to it's size at 77% (-60dbBm) but works better. 

I assume there was a software update that killed my capacity to get to full HD with Spectrum on this particular TV. Funny that I have to use a streaming stick on a Roku TV to get it back to HD.

I noticed my newer 40" TCL TV has OS v8.1.2 whereas my 55" has v8.1.0. I've checked and that's the latest software version available for the 55". The Spectrum App version is the same on both sets.

Here's what I've done to try to fix this:

• Disconnect/Reconnect to wifi

• Delete and Re-add Spectrum App

• Factory Reset the 55" TV

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas? I'm stumped.

I have a USB Ethernet dongle coming so I can rule out the antennas on the set being buggy, or some sort of random wifi issue.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tajson
Level 7

Re: I don't get it! - TCL 55" 55FS3750 & Spectrum App

"chewy-chewbacca" wrote:
I noticed my newer 40" TCL TV has OS v8.1.2 whereas my 55" has v8.1.0. I've checked and that's the latest software version available for the 55".

Roku v8.1 started to be rolled out in May 2018 so this fits with your couple of months. Your 55" tv is still on this version while the 40" got a new update. All Roku TVs should get updated but the update is rolled out in waves so your 55" tv is still on the waiting list for the v8.1.2 update.

You could send the Roku people a message with your serial numbers or try to see if you can get the newer update from here https://support.roku.com/article/212361468-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-tv- manually through a usb stick. I mean that you already did the factory reset once so you cannot lose that many settings a second time.
0 Kudos

Re: I don't get it! - TCL 55" 55FS3750 & Spectrum App

I tried the manual update and couldn't get it to work... formatted FAT32, copied file, even put the TV in offline most and I still couldn't update it. I guess I'll hope for an update to fix it.
0 Kudos