Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maddymappo
Level 7

I cannot add The Daily Wire channel

Jump to solution

I am unable to add The Daily Wire channel which is a new channel. I can add other channels, for instance I just add "Wired" with no problem.. I can add The Daily Wire channel .on the Roku website which says "channel added"  but it does not appear on my Roku device. When I try to add it on my device it says  'Channel install failed. Could not add The Daily Wire    Errior"   I have tried 'updating" in settings but that did not help. My device is Roku2 XS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Most Popular lists channels that cannot be added

Jump to solution

@maddymappo 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS device is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: I cannot add The Daily Wire channel

Jump to solution

@maddymappo wrote:

I am unable to add The Daily Wire channel which is a new channel. I can add other channels, for instance I just add "Wired" with no problem.. I can add The Daily Wire channel .on the Roku website which says "channel added"  but it does not appear on my Roku device. When I try to add it on my device it says  'Channel install failed. Could not add The Daily Wire    Errior"   I have tried 'updating" in settings but that did not help. My device is Roku2 XS

New channels are often written for the current versions of the Roku products. Your Roku unit is an old unit from 2011 that is no longer being supported or updated by Roku, so Daily Wire may not have written their app to support this legacy model.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@maddymappo 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku 2 XS device is a much older device that is no longer supported. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Goodinson4
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

I also cannot add the daily wire channel to my roku device.  The model I have is the 3050X Roku 2 XD.  Would someone be able to aid me in adding this channel to my device? 

best,

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

That's an old device.  There's a good chance it doesn't support that channel and many other new channels.

0 Kudos