Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mitchell1992
Level 7

I can't get now tv on my roku tv

I can't find now tv on my roku tv

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't get now tv on my roku tv

Where are you located?  What's the Roku model number shown under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Mitchell1992
Level 7

Hisense model number , R55B7120UK and Bradford uk

0 Kudos
renojim

Roku TVs have two model numbers - one is the manufacturer model number (that you provided) and one is the Roku model number that's usually 4 characters followed by an 'X' or one or two other letters.  It's shown under Settings->System->About.  I couldn't find a list of supported Roku models for NowTV, so it may not matter. 

What is the software version shown under Settings->System->About?  Make sure you check for updates by going to Settings->System->System update->Check now.

The next question is did you create your Roku account while you were physically located in the UK?  Is you Internet connection using anything that might mask your true location like a VPN?  When you log in at https://my.roku.com does it show United Kingdom for the country selector all the way down in the bottom right corner?

Finally, can you add it from https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/9cfa0823835c239978de56be6dd2f399/now-tv#! ?

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mitchell1992
Level 7

It's not letting me add the now tv channel

0 Kudos
Mitchell1992
Level 7

Yes it's in ukYes it's in uk

0 Kudos
atc98092

When I searched the Now TV web site, I finally found a statement about supported devices. For Roku, they only list the Streaming Stick. I don't know what specific model of Stick is available in the UK, but it looks like Roku TVs might not be supported. You can find the info on this page down in the FAQs at the bottom.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Mitchell1992 

Looking at nowTV forums, seems like NowTV should be supported by on RokuTV as can be installed on the Roku Express, notwithstanding the info provided by @atc98092 .  (looks like can also be installed on some older Roku set-top devices as well).

In April, looks like ran into an issue and had to revert back to a previous update.

Lot of confusing info on the forum, but users report that NowTV supposedly works on their Hisense RokuTV, while others say Now Support tells them it is not supported and it has stopped working on theirs. (as of 10/2020) Could be that NowTV has decided just to develop availability for the stick and the set-top devices as reflected by @atc98092 link of supported devices.  May have to check out the forum more thoroughly or contact NowTV directly. (although other complaint is having to speak to an unhelpful chat bot).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Now-tv-on-hisense-tv/td-p/517964

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Now-TV-will-not-launch-on-Roku-Express/td-p/556491

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos