Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't get anything on Disney+ to play

@CMed1 

One thing, for informational reasons. May or may not matter.

Settings > Network > About. What is the channel listed?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Kdhander
Channel Surfer

Re: I can't get anything on Disney Plus to play

I’m having the same issue. Tried casting from my phone, still does not work. Works fine on the phone. 

0 Kudos
Kdhander
Channel Surfer

Forgot to add, when I cast, it shows what looks like a scrambled screen. I’ve been able to watch shows on the D+ app, on my TV, just not movies.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Kdhander 

Casting Disney Plus from your phone to Roku isn't actually streaming from your phone. What's happening is that the phone is telling Roku to launch the Roku app for Disney Plus, then find that content on Disney Plus, then advance to the same timestamp. It does all that quickly, and then it maintains a connection to the phone, not for sending the streaming from phone to Roku (that doesn't happen), but for acting as a remote control device, allowing FF and RW functions.

If Disney Plus doesn't play from Roku, you can't "cast" from phone to Roku, because it's not really the phone streaming, but the Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Kdhander
Channel Surfer

Thanks, didn’t know that.

0 Kudos
Kdhander
Channel Surfer

Something else I forgot, Disney plus app works fine on our other TV that is non ROKU op system.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Which model Roku do you have? Is it up to date? I have 6 Roku devices. 3 Sticks, 1 Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TV's. I subscribe to Disney plus and have zero issues. 

0 Kudos
Kdhander
Channel Surfer

I'll answer, the app works, but when I try and play a movie, I get a spinning loading circle then a dialogue box that says an error occurred. That's it. When I try and play one of the shows from the app, they work fine. This only started happening maybe a week ago. I was thinking of logging out from current account and starting a new account to see if that works. App works fine on all other devices, including my non-Roku TV.

0 Kudos
CMed1
Channel Surfer

Well, I don't know what happened but Disney Plus started working again. Currently reliving my childhood and watching School House Rocks on Disney Plus. Thanks for you guys trying to help. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kdhander

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos