Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMed1
Channel Surfer

I can't get anything on Disney Plus to play

In the last few days I have not been able to play anything on my Disney Plus app on my ROKU TV. I can get to the app fine but every time I click on a TV show or movie it pops up with 'An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.' I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have contacted Disney Plus and I was told it was a ROKU problem. Apparently it's been happening on some ROKU devices, according to them. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: I can't get anything on Disney+ to play

Roku does not make the Disney+ channel (app). Disney does. I have 6 Roku devices. I subscribe to Disney+. All work just fine. Also Roku does not make TV's. TCL, ONN, Hisense or Sharp does. How old is the TV? Did you try a factory reset? You can also remove the channel, restart then re add the channel 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@CMed1 

If there is an issue with the app, sometimes this will fix it. Note there are three steps, and the order is critical:

1. Remove the app.
  2. Reboot the device. For Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart. Turning if off and on isn't sufficient. Do it this way.
  3. Reinstall the app.

All three steps, in that order. Does that resolve it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

CMed1
Channel Surfer

Did all that and nothing changed.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Can you elaborate please. Can you take a picture of what is going on? Are you using the Disney+ channel? There are 5 Disney channels in the Roku channel store. But only 1 Disney+ channel. Do all your other channels work such as Netflix, Prime, HBO Max or whatever you subscribe to? Keep in mind that Roku did not make your TV as previously told. Who manufactures your TV? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @CMed1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Just to confirm, are you getting any error codes? Please let us know. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CMed1
Channel Surfer

'An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.' is what pops up every time I try to watch things on Disney Plus. I can get to the app fine but I can't watch anything on it. I tried several different movies and TV shows there. I have no problems with any other channels, so far. Just with Disney Plus. I live chatted with Disney Plus and I was told it was not an error on their part. 

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@CMed1  Once again let's try this. Roku does not make TV's. Roku does not make the Disney+ channel. Are you using the Disney+ channel? Can you provide pictures. So you can launch the channel but it crashes is that what you are saying? What other channels do you have on your Roku? Also do you have high speed internet? Your not using a mobile hotspot are you? Exactly what are you trying to watch on Disney+? Is your Roku TV up to date? Did you check for updates? Can you elaborate please. Again I have 6 Roku devices. Disney+ all works perfectly fine. My mother has a TCL Roku TV with Disney+. That works fine. Millions of Roku users succefully watch Disney+.  Can you watch Disney+ on any other devices? Phone, laptop or tablet?

0 Kudos
CMed1
Channel Surfer

I cannot watch Disney Plus on my Roku TV. I said the channel three times in my original post The TV I've had for thirteen months. I have been watching Disney Plus, and other streaming services, on it since then until late last week. I KNOW ROKU DOES NOT MAKE THE TV, but seeing as how it's labeled as a "ROKU TV" on it, I'm trying to contact Roku about it.

It's just Disney Plus that I am having with. That's it. The app is there, but nothing in it will play. It works on my phone but seeing as I have a 43 inch TV I want to watch it there. My internet is not the problem . All the other channels I have work fine.  The TV is not the problem. It's ROKU with a wrong update for my TCL produced television, or Disney with something wrong. I live chatted with Disney Plus and they said it was a ROKU problem. They told me there were others having a similar problem too.

I've already done the things suggested in an earlier comment.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Again please elaborate and post a picture. So let's start from the beginning. You have a TCL Roku TV. TCL Makes the TV. Not Roku. You chatted with Disney and got the incorrect information. Disney makes the Disney+ channel for Roku. Just like Disney makes the Disney+ app on your phone. Your TV is out if the manufactures warranty. The best place to start is with TCL. I have asked you several questions and other have but you do not answer. A lot of people post questions but end up they are using the incorrect channel. Can you completely and totally elaborate. So you did a total factory reset and completely reset the TV back up? You remove, restarted and readded the "Disney+" channel (not Disney Plus). The channel is on your TCL Roku home screen but when you watch something on Disney+ ( I have no idea what you are watching) you get the error message. Do you have high speed internet? If so what speed? Are you using a mobile hotspot? Is your TV up to date? Have you checked for updates? Please show us what is going on. It's something with your TV. Millions upon millions of people use Roku devices to watch Disney+ including myself with zero issues. Which model TCL Roku 43" TV do you have? There are different series when it comes to TCL Roku TV's

0 Kudos