Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nwarwick
Level 7

I can't get HBO Max to work on my Roku.

I can't get HBO Max to work on my Roku. I've added it to my icons but when I select it, it only partially starts to load, then it kicks me back out to the HBO Max icon. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can't get HBO Max to work on my Roku.

First, what model Roku do you have? Look under Settings/System/About and find the model number.

Many early players are not capable of running Max. So before we go further we need to know the player model. Also, are you located in the US, and if not where are you?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nwarwick
Level 7

I have Model 3500X

0 Kudos
atc98092

OK, officially HBO says that is a supported device, as it has Roku OS 9.3 or later. In the real world, that player is very old and likely simply cannot run Max. The 3500 was released in Mar 2014, and is very low powered compared to newer players.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that the 3500 will never run Max. The problem you're having is similar to what I would experience with my old Roku 2 XS trying to run YouTube. It simply couldn't handle it anymore. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

I just tried the 3500 stick with hbo max, it loaded. it allowed me to pick a profile, buy never downloaded any pictures, then it kicked me back to home screen. So its not just your 3500 stick, all 3500's are worthless with hbo max. 

Edmund

0 Kudos