Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farnaz
Level 7

I can’t get Apple TV app on my roko express 3930 any more. Why?

I used to be able to watch Apple TV on my Sony via roku express 3930…. But I can’t access the Apple TV app anymore. Does anyone know why? 3930 is listed as supported roku for for Apple TV

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I can’t get Apple TV app on my roko express 3930 any more. Why?

@farnaz 

What do you mean by "can't get it?" Are you saying it's not available in the Channel Store? Or just that it was on your device but now isn't?

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
farnaz
Level 7

Thanks for your response.  I used to watch Apple TV on my roku express 3930, but the app is no longer available on this device …and I was wondering if anyone knows why. This roku 3930 is listed on apple website too…but I can no longer find Apple TV app on it. They have apple screener+ app but not Apple TV app. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@farnaz 

That is indeed odd. Your device is supported by Apple for the Apple TV app. It should be there, provided of course you are in a region supported for the app on Roku. Are you in the U.S., for instance?

DBDukes

0 Kudos
farnaz
Level 7

Yes I live in Texas. I used to watch Apple TV on this same exact device last year so I know how to look for and use it … so it is very odd that I’m not able to any more. I tried it on my newer smart TV too but no luck. 

I ended up getting another roku device, another model, and it’s working….but I should not have needed to spend the extra money. My roku 3930 was purchased only two years ago.

Thanks again. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@farnaz wrote:

Yes I live in Texas. I used to watch Apple TV on this same exact device last year so I know how to look for and use it … so it is very odd that I’m not able to any more. I tried it on my newer smart TV too but no luck. 

I ended up getting another roku device, another model, and it’s working….but I should not have needed to spend the extra money. My roku 3930 was purchased only two years ago.

Thanks again. 

You are correct. You should not have to purchase a new device. It may be a glitch with the current Apple TV app, since Apple has to select the devices it supports. If they left that model out of the latest update, it won't be available. An update may fix it.

Or... it could be something else entirely, and a problem with your device. However, you aren't the first one to report the issue with that model device and that app, leading me to think it's an Apple glitch.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
StreamerUser

@farnaz wrote:

Thanks again. 

If you still have the 3930 you should do a Factory Reset (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset) and check if the Apple TV app returns (assuming you link it to the same Roku account that your new Roku device is linked to).

StreamerUser

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.