Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
motorambler
Reel Rookie

Re: I can't find Hulu

Jump to solution

Update: junked the Roku TV for a Samsung. Problem fixed.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@motorambler 

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
motorambler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R  thanks for the reply. We have Samsung TV's, Chromecasts, and an Nvidia Shield that were all bought in Canada & they all have both Hulu & the HBOMax apps -- neither of which were available to install on our new Roku TV.

Anyway, this is now a moot point since we've either sold or given away everything Roku.

0 Kudos
Tonimo456
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can’t find Hulu either. I bought the roku from Best Buy in New York, and I am trying to use it in New York but I can’t find the Hulu or Disney+ channel. What’s up with that?

0 Kudos
motorambler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't help you. I moved from Roku to a Sony Android TV and Samsung TV's. 

0 Kudos
wandar2u
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Did you try to add the channel but could not find it?

0 Kudos
Tonimo456
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yup, couldn't find Disney+ either. Even though the buttons for them were on the remote for the roku.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Roku does not allow you to use Hulu in japan. Could explain why my Roku tv was so cheap. Haha Amazon fire stick it is 👍🏾

0 Kudos
whereishulu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This might be the correct for a limited number of users but most examples seem to be in areas where Hulu is available. I just bought a Roku in California and the Hulu app is just not available. For that matter, neither is Disney+, Sling, and Amazon Prime. This makes a nonsense of the service. I will be returning my Roku unless someone from Roku tells me how fix this.

0 Kudos
whereishulu
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried the link in California and Hulu is just NOT listed.

0 Kudos