Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wokker
Reel Rookie

I can't find Hulu in the Channel Store

Jump to solution

I bought Roku, mostly because of Hulu. Excited to get it and installed when after an entire evening of searching, found out that there's no Hulu within.

Thinking of returning the device and find substitutes that offer wider variety of channels.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I can't find Hulu in the Channel Store

Jump to solution

@wokker 

Thanks for the information.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: I can't find Hulu

Jump to solution

There certainly is a Hulu channel available.

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/hulu

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
Where are you located? Many channels are not available globally.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
wokker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm in Canada and bought Roku from Amazon Canada, which showed Hulu as one of the apps. Plus, I do have a subscription with Hulu and have been using it on my laptop.

It would be a shame to go through all this to continue watching Hulu on my laptop.

wokker
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Clicked on that link. NO Hulu is showing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: I can't find Hulu in the Channel Store

Jump to solution

@wokker 

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Brianj1414

Jump to solution

its on my small roku but not available on my TV or my roku 4k box. Neither is sling . Taken all of it back . What's the point in cutting the cord if there's no live TV? 

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There are certainly Premium Channels in Canookland that have Live Tv available.

I Dont know if those particular Channels are available there but did you try a System restart?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Brianj1414 

Thanks for the post.

Where are you currently located?

Please be aware that channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
motorambler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't find Hulu or any HBO apps. We're using a TCL Roku TV that was initially bought in Canada but is now in California. We pay for Hulu & HBO Max directly from the respective providers (not through Amazon, etc.) and would like to install the apps on the TV but none can be found when searching apps.

What gives?