Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stusack1
Level 7

I am unable to add channels on my brand new Hisense Roku tv.

I am currently setting up a Hisense Roku TV. Everything is connected and says all is good but when I try and add channels it gives me the error code and says "unable to add". It does this for every channel I try. Thoughts? I have reset the connection, checked all settings, and even rebooted our router. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: I am unable to add channels on my brand new Hisense Roku tv.

Hi @Stusack1

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Some customers have reported that changing or updating your account's payment method resolves the issue; therefore, we suggest you give it a shot.

Feel free to visit this Support article for instructions: How do I update the payment method for my Roku® account?

If after attempting the suggestion above, you are still unable to add the channel, you can try installing it from our website by clicking this link. Once done, run a software update on your Roku TV for the channel to show up on your home screen. To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos