Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I am paying for HBO Max on Roku but it has stopped working

HBO Max suddenly stopped working for certain shows.  When I contacted HBO Max support, they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling HBO Max, but Roku will not allow me to uninstall HBO Max since I still have an active subscription with them for that channel.  So frustrating.  I am paying Roku for something that I cannot watch.

4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: I am paying for HBO Max on Roku but it has stopped working

If you unsubscribe you should then be able to uninstall/reinstall the channel app. Between uninstalling and reinstalling, you should restart your Roku to clear its memory and assure you get a clean install.

Uninstalling prevents the app from auto-renewing when your prepaid subscription period runs out, but it should stay active until your pre-paid period expires.  When it does run out you can then resubscribe.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
whereswillnow
Level 7

I have also had this issue. I tried uninstalling HBO Max, resetting my Roku, then logging back in. HBO Max still is not working. The app spools up after logging in, takes me to the main menu, then crashes as soon as a show is selected and attempts to load, sending me back to the main Roku menu. It appears this app just will not work on Roku anymore. Are there any plans to address this?

0 Kudos
EuniceL13
Level 7

Have you tried to restar the Roku by going into settings>systems > system restart? After you do try to open the HBO max app again 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@whereswillnow

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos