Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to stream The Great Courses in the TV in the living room only in the kitchen TV

I've subscribed to The Great Courses but I can only watch it in one room when I try to stream it in the living room it asks me to try the free 7 day subscription. Can someone help?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: I am not able to stream The Great Courses in the TV in the living room only in the kitchen TV

How are you paying them? Directly or through Roku?  If through Roku, are the Rokus on the same Roku account?  If directly, look for a place to log-in to an existing account.  (I don’t have that app so I don’t know exactly where that might be.)

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am not able to stream The Great Courses in the TV in the living room only in the kitchen TV

@STREAMER1825 

First step would be to verify that your Roku devices are all "linked" to the same Roku account (email address) so you can share subscriptions if you ordered your subscription through Roku.

You can see the account your Roku is linked to by going to Settings/System/About on the Roku device.  The email address is your Roku account that the deviced is registered under.  You can also go to your online dashboard at https://my.roku.com/account and look near bottom on screen for "My Linked Devices"

---

If you wish to watch on any device (non-roku devices, unlinked Roku devices etc.) then normally best to subscribe directly with the Subscription provider, not through Roku.  

If you plan to only watch on Roku devices, then all the Roku devices must be linked to share a subscription if purchased through Roku.

---

If you find that all your Roku devices are indeed linked, then try performing a Manual System Update on all the Roku devices (Settings/System/System Update/ [check now]), followed by a System Restart. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/ System Restart).  This should refresh all the devices and update channels/apps.

If you find that one of your devices is unlinked, then you need to Factory Reset that device (presumably the device without the subscription showing), and then go through setup again and use the same email address as your other Roku device this time in order to link the Roku devices.

(Linking Roku devices --> https://support.roku.com/article/360000321787)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102