Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCNelson
Reel Rookie

Hulu would freeze, skip ahead or stall

Jump to solution

On Roku I seem to be having issues watching Hulu on my tv. I don't have issues viewing Hulu directly on my computer but on tv using Roku is a different story. I have unplugged the Roku so it can reset but it does not seem to make much difference. I haven't had a issue with viewing Vudu or other channels. Just seems to happen with Hulu. Has anyone had this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Hulu would freeze, skip ahead or stall

Jump to solution

@MCNelson 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MCNelson 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pennyann
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hulu has been riddled with problems since the last ROKU update.  I have all of the problems with mine that u mentioned,  to the point of not being able to watch an entire show without tons of glitches.  Go to their support page on Facebook,  tons of complaints about this, most of their responses have been pat answers with links to their online support,  it's totally ridiculous.  I had hope when an update for their app was available yesterday,  downloaded it and nothing has changed. ROKU needs to scream at them, but if the prospect of losing tons of customers doesn't seem to phase them, not sure that would either. 

MCNelson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yeah, and I would hate to discontinue Hulu. I like their selection of movies and shows. But if I am to only be able to view them without any issues separate from the tv, I don't know, I may need to reconsider. If this problem is only within Hulu's system, then they need to get it together and resolve this. Many of us customers are getting ticked off by these problems that are happening. I would for once would like to watch something to its entirety. 

0 Kudos
Anna17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is affecting Netflix, HBO and Disney plus. I'm about to swap out for Amazon which seems to be a lot more reliable 

@MCNelson wrote:

Yeah, and I would hate to discontinue Hulu. I like their selection of movies and shows. But if I am to only be able to view them without any issues separate from the tv, I don't know, I may need to reconsider. If this problem is only within Hulu's system, then they need to get it together and resolve this. Many of us customers are getting ticked off by these problems that are happening. I would for once would like to watch something to its entirety. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Anna17 wrote:

This is affecting Netflix, HBO and Disney plus. I'm about to swap out for Amazon which seems to be a lot more reliable

My experience is the opposite. Those apps all work on my Roku devices. And having used Roku since 2010, and Fire TV devices since 2015, I've found that over the long haul, the usable life a Roku devices is longer. Only in the last couple of years or so has Amazon release any Fire TV devices that are comparable in responsiveness to Roku. Whether they actually work well over the long haul is yet to be determined, as many of my Roku devices are older than that and work quite well still.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos