Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcward214
Level 7

Hulu won't work late at night (edit: stopped working completely, problem found)

Jump to solution

For the last three nights my hulu channel won't work on my Roku tv.  I have the TV on almost all day, as simple background noise while I'm doing other things. The hulu channel will work fine during the day, with no problems, no buffering, nothing. Then it seems when it's late at night and I'm getting ready for bed I'll turn on my night time show (just like during the day I like to have the TV on at night as background noise to help me sleep) but for some reason whenever I try and turn on an episode of anything it just 'loads' continuously untill I get an error message.  I've tried different TV shows, I've tried different profiles, nothing works. All my other apps work. Netflix, Disney+, etc. It's just Hulu that wont work, and only late at night! I have no idea what's going on.

I've checked everything I can think of online and I can't find any solutions. Has anyone else ever had this trouble? I've tried signing out of hulu and signing back in, restarting the tv from the settings menu, even deleting the hulu channel and re downloading it. Nothing works!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mcward214
Level 7

Re: Hulu won't work late at night

Jump to solution

I was able to find a solution to the problem yesterday by being on the phone with Hulu customer support for over an hour. I thought I'd come and let everyone know what happened in case other people are experiencing the same problem. The problem of Hulu not working had started being continuous. It wasn't turning on at any point of the day, so after doing a lot of research online and not finding any help, I finally gave in and called Hulu. I was on the phone with them for over an hour trying to find solutions and nothing seemed to be working. Well… we eventually just decided to try resetting my router. We hadn't bothered resetting the router up until that point because all the other apps were working, the Hulu app was working on my phone and computer and everything else, and my Internet speeds were more than high enough to be playing the program the way is supposed. We just didn't think it would matter!

But because the customer help person needed to check all the boxes to make sure we tried everything he had me do that at the very end. We are planning on wrapping up the phone call and leaving the problem open hoping that somebody else would be able to find a solution in the future. But lo and behold I tried Hulu one last time before I hung up with him and it worked. He said that most likely what happened was that because Hulu and Roku both updated at the same time, the two updates were working against each other and causing the problems internally basically. He said re setting the router itself changed the IEP settings or something (I'm sorry, I don't understand computer things at all so the explanation went over my head) which got there Roku devices and the Hulu app to be able to properly connect again.

So if you're having this problem and like me didn't think you needed to worry about the router because everything else was working, reset it anyway and hopefully it'll work for you too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
mcward214
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was able to find a solution to the problem yesterday by being on the phone with Hulu customer support for over an hour. I thought I'd come and let everyone know what happened in case other people are experiencing the same problem. The problem of Hulu not working had started being continuous. It wasn't turning on at any point of the day, so after doing a lot of research online and not finding any help, I finally gave in and called Hulu. I was on the phone with them for over an hour trying to find solutions and nothing seemed to be working. Well… we eventually just decided to try resetting my router. We hadn't bothered resetting the router up until that point because all the other apps were working, the Hulu app was working on my phone and computer and everything else, and my Internet speeds were more than high enough to be playing the program the way is supposed. We just didn't think it would matter!

But because the customer help person needed to check all the boxes to make sure we tried everything he had me do that at the very end. We are planning on wrapping up the phone call and leaving the problem open hoping that somebody else would be able to find a solution in the future. But lo and behold I tried Hulu one last time before I hung up with him and it worked. He said that most likely what happened was that because Hulu and Roku both updated at the same time, the two updates were working against each other and causing the problems internally basically. He said re setting the router itself changed the IEP settings or something (I'm sorry, I don't understand computer things at all so the explanation went over my head) which got there Roku devices and the Hulu app to be able to properly connect again.

So if you're having this problem and like me didn't think you needed to worry about the router because everything else was working, reset it anyway and hopefully it'll work for you too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Brebrown20
Level 7

Jump to solution

hmm. I have the same issue bit it's daily and I should NOT have to turn off my router daily.

0 Kudos